Enrolling Your Child
Once you have decided you would like to enrol your child/children at St Joseph’s Temuka, please contact the school office (615 8206) to make an appointment with Bernie Leonard, Principal. At this meeting Bernie will discuss with you details of the Preference Form signed by the Parish Priest. which it necessary for enrollment.
Our Parish Priest , Fr Job has the sole responsibility for granting preference for students so the next step is arrange a meeting with him to discuss your child's enrolment.
The criteria for enrolment as a preference pupil are:
1. The child has been baptised or is being prepared for baptism in the Catholic Church.
2. The child’s parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptised in the
3. At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic, and although their child has not yet been baptised, the
child’s participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having the child baptised.
4. With the agreement of the child’s parent/guardian, a grandparent or other significant adult in the
child’s life, such as an aunt, uncle or godparent, undertakes to support the child’s formation in the faith
and practices of the Catholic Church.
5. One or both of a child’s non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic.
Your child’s Birth Certificate is to be presented and it will be photocopied for school records and Governments Enrol system.
Baptism Certificate (if applicable), plus Immunisation Certificate are both required to be viewed for the School and Health Record Systems.
Feel free to ring Bernie at school on 615 8206 to discuss these requirements further.